Wednesday 5 February 2014

Thiago: Bayern is not same as Barca

...
The creative midfielder has experienced life at both clubs but sees notable differences in playing styles
Thiago Alcantara has insisted that Bayern Munich play a different type of football to Barcelona and says he has had to change his style in order to adapt.

The possession-based style of play adopted by Pep Guardiola at Bayern is often compared to that of the Spaniard's Barcelona team between 2008 and 2012, but Thiago has dismissed that comparison.

"I had to change my Barcelona-style a bit when I got here. It's a different type of football. But that's only improved me as a player," Thiago told TZ.

The 22-year-old then revealed his happiness with life in Germany following his summer move from Barca.

"Some of my former Barcelona team-mates have already visited me here. I am feeling very well here and that's what I've told them as well.

"I didn't have any expectations when I joined Bayern. I had never expected that everything would have been perfectly organised like this."

The Spain international had 185 touches of the ball during Bayern's 5-0 win over Eintracht Frankfurt at the wekeend - breaking Bastian Schweinsteiger's Bundesliga record - but he has insisted that it is much more important to him that he is getting to understand his team-mates' movement and behaviour on the pitch.

"I don't really care about how many touches of the ball I get. What matters to me is that I understand my team-mates on the pitch.

"I am slowly starting to get to grips with how the guys are behaving in certain situations and where they want to receive the ball. That's important to me."
Share:

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Unordered List

Pages

Blog Archive


Copyright © MASWAYETU BLOG | Powered by Blogger